• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

800 series shift knob

machinist75

Does anyone happen to know the thread size of the 800 series 5 ton shift knob. Is it 3/8-24 just like the deuce. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good now I know what to tap that resin skull with!

(after it gets drilled for the UV LEDs and received the uranium glass marbles for eyes.)

autoshopteacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to take so long to reply. My M-817 has 1/2-13 threads. We just attached the artificial hip ball that was replaced due to failure. Hard stainless. We machined an insert and installed it. Looks like it belongs.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just get a thread insert adaptor.

autoshopteacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shifter is slightly tapered. Outside diameter at the end of the portion where the threads stop is .570 in. Outside diameter 3 inches down is .685 inches.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks