• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802-a fuel gauge

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
@Guyfang - you’ve been around for awhile. What does that little typewriter for the wires look like?
Hot stamped honey, hot stamped Kingsley make the best. a DIE for the individual wire size has an opening,, you load in you lead letters and numbers and turn on the machine and let heat up, then depending on if your're using Black or Red ribbon pull the lever down and hold for 5-10 seconds or so and then pull your wire along till you want to stamp or repeat the stamping, this is old school or one off replacement wires, new machine does have more like a letter and number wheel device and will as it is programmed do it all automaticly as well cut the wire AND strip the ends to the length you establish then the whole process starts over, its really quick with this machine [ the auto one ] not the manual one like i kept from when i sold out... the old school one is damn near like old school newspaper setting up to print... you got a raft of wire DIES to accomadate the various wire sizes and several sizes of letters and numbers to make it fit the wire diameter and logically easier to read to the user or tech working on the set... The PIA sets are the 5/10kw sets and the #20 wire size that is so often used, where all the other sets use #16 and while often oversized ,it is easy to read typically ... i could send pictures of the manual machine i kept, but im not good at loading pictures here on the forum site..
We have gone to using MTW wire, its just easier and less of a pain in the ass. and we use the BRADY hot stamped wire sleeves, just at each end, we average about 60-75 pounds of scrap wire a week we pull out, here again as it is TIN plated, we just trash it, it not enuff to screw with keeping it and perodically going to the recycle guy and selling it ... But if shorted the MTW does melt pretty badly, but makes the same sticky mess MilSpec wire does.... Google Kingsley wire marking/hot stamping for a tretis they are expensive but trick and worth it if your gonna make wire looms for DOD users.. mac/mc

JimmyLet58

Ray70 and other thanks for all your help. After putting the new wema fuel sender in and a new gauge that was still pegging past full when I turned the switch on and when off it would goback to E. I decided to put the old gauge back in and and try it again. And i will be darn it worked fine. So I guess the new gauge is bad. Thanks for all your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks