• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802 had a substantial fuel leak

incorporatedbyinference

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The generator I bought at auction had a substantial fuel line leak in the video from gov planet. Is there anything I should do to check if diesel fuel entered the gen head? I haven’t finished replacing the return lines yet so I haven’t started it up yet. I would prefer to avoid any damage the leak may have caused. Should I be concerned?

Ray70

Not really... the generator is pretty open in a few areas where any fuel that may have dripped in the top will drain out.
You can spray through the opening with electrical cleaner if you want to be sure everything is rinsed out, but personally I wouldn't be too concerned.
By now it will only be a little residue if in fact anything got in there.

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the unit that was spraying pressurized fuel from the supply line to the injection pump?

incorporatedbyinference

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully not it was listed out of Abilene Kansas. Is it the same one? The line off injection pump rail had some large cracks. The video looked like a large volume of fuel.

Last edited:

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blow out any suspected areas with compressed air and leave the doors open on the cabinet for a couple of days. Everything should evaporate.

Clean any electrical connections with electronic cleaner that might have been contaminated, blow dry.

Oh, and fix the leaking line before starting it again. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (y)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks