• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802 relay assist

Jeepadict

Preface: I was drafting this as a PM to @kloppk when I realized the knowledge shared/gained would be better served as a thread in case someone else could also benefit from the knowledge. Cheers!

I find myself once again wrenching on yet another 802. This time my troubleshooting brain thinks there may be a common fault in a relay as both the oil pressure gauge and hour meter are both inop.

I've scoured the TM and have the testing process for both components printed and ready, but in studying the wiring diagram it seems they share a common relay. The TM troubleshooting is very obvious of replacing components assuming there is component failure and gives nothing to troubleshoot if the component is good yet inop. This is where I come upon my shortfall that I'm hoping you may know what I can't find in the TM: which relay is what?? I can see no labels on the machine...they all appear to be the same part...the parts and MX manuals make no differential between them that I can find. It seems someone else may or may not have gone down this path before me as 3 of the relay retaining clips for the 3 furthest right relays were found laying removed in the pan next to the relays.

I'm ready to go to town with my meter and start testing the components, but as I'm a retired airplane guy and not a ground equipment guy I want to have all my ducks in a row before I dig in. Do you have a secret source of wisdom that knows which relay is what?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ray70

So are you saying the Temp and fuel gages work and only oil and hour meter are dead??
Power and ground for all the gages comes from the same daisy chain so I would suspect ALL gages would be dead.
For the moment I would begin by checking 24V power at the gages ( and hour meter ) and if none, back trace using the schematic.

Jeepadict

So are you saying the Temp and fuel gages work and only oil and hour meter are dead??
Power and ground for all the gages comes from the same daisy chain so I would suspect ALL gages would be dead.
For the moment I would begin by checking 24V power at the gages ( and hour meter ) and if none, back trace using the schematic.
Just now when playing musical relays I noticed the hour meter has decided to behave. That leaves only the oil pressure gauge remaining to troubleshoot, and I have the testing process for the gauge and sender from the TM ready to go for my next day off.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everyone, following this thread, the M3 (time meter) is contantly ticking, even when the DC fuse is out. Anyone experienced this problem on a 802A?
It would be best if you start your own thread about your M3 issue.
That way you'll get the right help and not have it get lost in this thread which is a different topic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks