• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802a exhaust

biz

My 802a is going to be spoiled and will be garaged after i wire it in to my panel. Has anyone threaded on an adapter and piped the exhaust out of their building? I have my own ideas on how im going to do this but thought it would be smart to tap into the knowledge of this forum first.

dependable

The thread at the top of muffler is 1.25 NPT, if that helps. It should work out fine if you keep the run short and make sure there is a good heat shield near anything combustible, and a non combustible thimble where it exits building. If you have to run it more than several feet, consider going up in pipe diameter to decrease resistance.

biz

I was planning on going up in diameter. i know the thread is 1.25 npt. wondering what sort of adapters people were using to increase diameter without putting on a ton of weight on it. its probably going to be 10 feet. i was thinking 3 inch.

Haoleb

I was planning on going up in diameter. i know the thread is 1.25 npt. wondering what sort of adapters people were using to increase diameter without putting on a ton of weight on it. its probably going to be 10 feet. i was thinking 3 inch.
You probably want to look at getting a section of flex pipe that is made to go onto the exhaust of a generator and that attaches to the rigid pipe that should be supported by itself that way you are not putting stress on the generator exhaust or the pipe.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Over that distance you are fine keeping with the stock size. If you want to go bigger don't go over 1.5". You can cause more problems with cooling the exhaust off too much. Wrap it in insulation if you can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks