• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802A were does your battery charge needle rest

jamawieb

When the batteries are low it will read to the far right above 24+. Then after the batteries charge it will read 0.

Bmxenbrett

I set mine to 0 when off and when its been running for a bit about 5a or a little above the 0 mark is normal.

That flat slot in the gauge face is the adjustment.

justacitizen

Thanks. it appears mine is working properly but i will continue to monitor. my gauge pretty much runs full over but not out of the green area,i think the battery are low though. it appears that on my new 4000 hour unit that a battery has exploded sometime in the past and i suspect the VR might not be functioning properly.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I set mine to 0 when off and when its been running for a bit about 5a or a little above the 0 mark is normal.

That flat slot in the gauge face is the adjustment.
That should only have to be done once to calibrate the meter reading. Its not something that needs to be done routinely.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. it appears mine is working properly but i will continue to monitor. my gauge pretty much runs full over but not out of the green area,i think the battery are low though. it appears that on my new 4000 hour unit that a battery has exploded sometime in the past and i suspect the VR might not be functioning properly.
If your batteries are low, it would help to charge them first before putting all that charging load on the alternator. The alternator should "top off" charged batteries in fairly short order after starting and your meter should return to 0 as proper indication.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

The charging usually finishes within a short time for batteries up to snuff. If they are a little weak, it could take a hour of run time to have them topped off.

justacitizen

well i put the fluke on it today after letting it run about ten min and it was charging 27.6 volts and the meter on the panel lowered to +10 amps so i guess everything is OK. also the battery registered 13.6 volts during the test.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks