• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803 Voltage Regulator

Triton

I would like to have my 803 up and running for this winters outages, the problem is I need a voltage regulator. I have a guy that thinks he can fix mine but he's had it for 3 months. I've been looking around and have got quotes from $450 to $1,400 dollars. Tried to buy one used but I was a day last and a dollar short, can anybody give me direction on where I can get one? When the new model generators go in service will parts be more available?
Thanks
Keith

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Delk's?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a part number or nsn?

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to have my 803 up and running for this winters outages, the problem is I need a voltage regulator. I have a guy that thinks he can fix mine but he's had it for 3 months. I've been looking around and have got quotes from $450 to $1,400 dollars. Tried to buy one used but I was a day last and a dollar short, can anybody give me direction on where I can get one? When the new model generators go in service will parts be more available?
Thanks
Keith
Howdy,
Numbers?

What exactly are you looking for? Like Doghead said, what part # and NSN info

Have you looked here? in the classifieds?

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

MEP-803A
NSN 6110-01-363-0492 REGULATOR,VOLTAGE 88-21063

Yes, the link is almost a full kit. But, missing components. It has the 88-21063 part. but...

Triton

Korgth1, my regulator fail the TM test, the gen won't produce power. The guy that's looking at it said there is some part that is discontinued that he is trying to look for a substitute. I not an electronics guy so I don't know, kinda at his mercy.

MusgroveM

I know it's been a few weeks, but I just got this information today. Here is a link to an AVR that is supposed to work when the quad windings were burned out by a faulty voltage regulator. https://www.flightsystems.com/standby-generator-ats-controls/model-808-basler-delco-regulator.html It's called a MODIFIED 808 universal voltage regulator. Not exactly cheap,($275) but it's a lot cheaper than replacing the stater. Engineer told me that he has successfully replaced the military voltage regulator with quad windings burned out. You will need to contact them and let them know what you are doing so they can modify it to fit your needs.
I can't find any indication that the SX460 AVR has ever been used to replace the voltage regulator in the 802A or the 803A

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks