• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803a access doors

jamawieb

Anyone have a source for the access doors on the 803a? I need the complete door/hinges on the starter side and the door/hinges covering the gauges. I've called all the usual places like Delks, Owl, Oshkoshequipment, etc.

jamawieb

Also does anyone know why a lot of the units coming out have the starter door off the units? I've seen a large amount with that door off or missing.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen a bunch of sets out of Lockborne with one door just placed on the tops of the sets. The overall quality coming through GL seems pretty poor lately.

Guyfang

Staff member
You are not going to find these door anyplace, other than cannibalization. The army only bought enough to make up the amount of sets for their fleet. I ordered doors the entire time I worked on TQG's. Never got a one. Hinge material? Yes. Latches? yes. Doors? No. Maybe things changed after I stopped contracting, in 2010. But I don't think so. A CECOM guy told me that when ever CECOM had a batch of requisitions, like 20-30, they would do a one time buy, from a source, to cover those sets in rebuild, needing doors. But did not stock doors.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having gone though this before, they are definitely just items stolen from other sets. Someone could make a fair amount of money partnering up with a sheet metal house to make these. I've got 4-5 vendors I use for sheet metal fab... if I could find a source for the locking handle assemblies, I might see if any were interested in quoting.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vendor has a 2500 piece minimum run​ on that door latch. Gotta love contracting for the government! :roll:

Zed254

The vendor has a 2500 piece minimum run​ on that door latch. Gotta love contracting for the government! :roll:
Isn't that 'Special....'. I was looking for an easy replacement latch that would lock: everything I found was quite pricey. This is one of the vendors and they have something that may work for you. I think (fuzzy memory) that the military one is the 'small' size but you'll need to check the .pdf drawing that is referenced. https://www.industrialhwe.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=16A8756728EE472DB61430EFF966B9A0

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to spend some time going through the manuals to see if I can locate the vendor details on the hinges (doors, operator cover, etc).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks