• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803a battery

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I was able to use a 2x2 under the bracket and it will work to secure the Wally group 26 batteries.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also use Optima yellow tops and AutoCraft AGM Platinum batteries depending on the sale price. I watch for deals on the AutoCrafts at Advanced Auto Parts. I have put over 2 dozen in service and they have been very good batteries.

Buickrat

Last week I replaced the 5 year old red tops with shiny new ones. The engine cranks much quicker now.

One reason I ponied up for the red tops was the fact that they don't gas when being charged. It's what came stock, so I guess there's a reason for it.
Gassing = corrosive vapors and spill-overs. and I mean cor RO sive. No broccoli on the terminals with an agm.

Another reason is their long term cranking capacity. After 35 years as a mechanic, I have put many batteries to the test. The agm batteries just wont quit giving voltage, or amperage.
When you have a starting issue, you NEED a good battery. Everything is hinged on it. I've seen 20 below F here before, and when I need it to start, it HAS to start.

That being said, if you do opt for a conventional battery, most of my automotive customers get an Interstate Black Top (Megatron Plus). A bit pricey, but the best battery around with a very low failure rate.
We have warrantied 1 MTP in the last 5 years, and that was actually due to mis-use by the customer, but my rep was in a good mood that day.

Don't get me wrong, if you're ok having to swap out batteries when the juice goes out, use whatever you have, just don't rely on it starting when you need it to start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks