• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

803A Short Circuit intermittent

nextalcupfan

Deoxit is worth its weight in gold. I was lucky enough to have Kurt Klopp make a pit stop at my place over this past weekend to help diagnose an 803 with a no start condition. Came down to a tempermental K2... well once it was taken apart and bathed in Deoxit, the problem literally disappeared right in front of my eyes.

I have about a half dozen unopened spray cans of the stuff at all times on hand... its a real miracle worker.
Absolutely agree.

Earlier this year I had a floor switch dimmer in an old truck go bad, nothing on low beam high beam working.
Sprayed Deoxit inside the switch, cleaned the terminals with some scotch brite, then clicked it in my hands a bunch of times while flipping it around.
Had it working perfectly in less than 10 min.
Now basically every electrical connector I take apart gets hit with Deoxit before going back together.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When K2 will not work, and its getting power, taking it apart is your best bet. For some reason this Relay is very susceptible to moisture, and rust.
Which is funny, since its gasketed. Guess they should have put O rings around the screws from the top down.

Triton

I was looking for the am/vm switch for a spare but I don't know if they are good switches, hate to get stuck with one from fleabay for what their asking for them!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah... Ive not found a reasonable source on those anywhere. Almost $300 last I looked on ebay I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks