• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

804A, Percent Rated Current, Percent Power Gauges

91X15R

I'm currently working on a 804A Generator, replaced the Percent Rated Current and Percent Power Gauge, new Rotary Switch and Watt Transducer, Gauges are still Inop. Anyone had the same issue? if so, what was the fix? Thanks in advance.

Guyfang

Staff member
I'm currently working on a 804A Generator, replaced the Percent Rated Current and Percent Power Gauge, new Rotary Switch and Watt Transducer, Gauges are still Inop. Anyone had the same issue? if so, what was the fix? Thanks in advance.
Why did you replace all this stuff? Did you test it first? What rotary switch? Will the set produce power at the 120 volt outlet? Will the set produce power at the load terminals? Do you have the TM's and have you gone through the trouble shooting steps. If so, what steps?

91X15R

Why did you replace all this stuff? Did you test it first? What rotary switch? Will the set produce power at the 120 volt outlet? Will the set produce power at the load terminals? Do you have the TM's and have you gone through the trouble shooting steps. If so, what steps?
Performed tests from Paragraph 2-29.2 Ammeter Gauge, the result: Replace Gauge, Test 2-30.2 gave no Voltage in wires. Using Wiring Diagram took me to the Kilowatmeter Transducer, Test 2-53.2, which resulted in measurement out of range. The rotary switch, we had a new one, since the wires to the gauge are connected to it, replaced it to get it out of the equation.

91X15R

We figured out, one of the ordered Gauges came defective, works when the control panel door is open and facing down, the other one, one of the wires in the bundle that moves when opening the panel door was cut due to friction. Thank you for taking the time and try to help. Appreciate it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks