• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

809 Series 5 Ton Steering Box Replacement

MosquitoRanch

I have a M817 5 Ton that has an unacceptable amount of slack in the steering. I was wondering who could tell me what all steering boxes that may interchange with it. I was hoping maybe some of the M939 Series stuff may work. Or maybe I can find some nice NOS steering boxes somewhere.

162tcat

I have the same issue. Did you try the adjustments listed in the TM? I'm going to try that first before replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Check to make sure its not the mounting bolts! I had lots of slop, turned out to be the bolts were loose. Its no fun to tighten them either.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Also check the U-joints in the steering shaft, check for play in the drag links, while checking things, make SURE the axle U-bolts are tight and that the spring leaves are not moving on them selfs because of a broke center pin, ALL the above WILL cause loose steering.

Last edited: