• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

809 series fuel issue

FormerNewMVGuy

This is just an FYI , I recently was having problems with my M813 , Seemed to be air in fuel, I replaced all the lines and filter , rebuilt the primer pump. Still was giving me problems.
Today i pulled the pickup tube out of the tank, I found my problem. The tube was made from steel , the top half was very rusty, and after a pressure test, I found that i had 5 pin holes about an inch down from the top!
So after making a new tube from copper, I no longer have any fuel issue's, the truck runs great!!!

I just wanted to pass this on....

Westech

CPL
That is good thinking there FNMV! There have been members with issues just like you stated above. I replaced my rubber lines a few years ago and that solved my problem.. but I will look at the pick up tube for sure!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is a standard problem with older cat loaders, ect. run out of fuel with still a half a tank

FormerNewMVGuy

Did it run better with a full tank of fuel?

The holes were so close to the top of the tube that , i never had it that full ( about an inch down) I'm just glad that i finally found the problem...Two months of fighting with this thing and changing parts!
Hopefully this thread will save somebody else a little time and aggrevation [thumbzup]

jasonjc

The holes were so close to the top of the tube that , i never had it that full ( about an inch down) I'm just glad that i finally found the problem...Two months of fighting with this thing and changing parts!
Hopefully this thread will save somebody else a little time and aggrevation [thumbzup]
I have been saying to check the pick up tube for mouths in most all the post about fuel issues.auaauaaua

dozer1

That is about the last thing a guy would think of. Good work. Between you nailing that issue and jasonjc posting in fuel issue threads, that one shouldnt hide too long from people anymore. On the primer pump. (At the risk of hearing how easy it is to download the TM'S)Whats to rebuilding it. is it a rebuild kit or just a common o-ring or something.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
common o-ring (2), I think it cost me 50 cents to fix mine, a little odd for size, I used metric and fitted like oem

Last edited:

FormerNewMVGuy

I have been saying to check the pick up tube for mouths in most all the post about fuel issues.auaauaaua

Sorry jason, I usually dont look for solutions on here, i generally get my manuals out and diagnose the problem myself...But in this case, i wish i had read one of your post!

jasonjc

I had the same thing happen on my M818. I had taken the tool box and walk plate off to make it easyer to get to the fule line fitting on the tank. So it was easy to take out the pick up tube. This was after I check the line for leaks and fixed them but still could not get a prime with putting air in the tank. I had pic of the rusted tube but they did not trun out to good. I could not find a new steel line so I jb welded the old one. I did not think to use a copper line. But I will get some and replace the pick up tube in both of my trucks:beer:.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks