• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

80mph speedometer

Thumper580

I have a 2000 M1123 with the 4L80E four speed transmission. Is there anyway to use the 80mph speedometer from ECV's? Are there any other options for Speedo's that go above 60mph and still retain the original look. Thanks.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use 3 3/8" (85mm) GPS speedos in both my HMMWVs, 80MPH in the 6.5L turbo/6L80 and 120MPH in the 6.6L.
They are very accurate as compared to my Nuvi
Kinda cool watching them climb to around 18MPH while sitting still on the deck of a ferry

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's actually a good plan, only thing is I don't know how many parts off of those can go on my m1123
I bought mine for the hardtop and slant back. Also be using the rear seat bases and seats. This is going on my m1152. The ac unit I may look into installing on my m1123.

The fan drive and gear box off these units go for a pretty penny so hopefully recoup some of the cost.

If you like to tinker like I do, pulling parts and listing on Facebook or epay is the way to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks