• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

813 nhc 250 cold start issue

Lsteele

Just wanna say this site has helped alot over the last few months but I've used the search and I find alot of cold start issues but none of them seem to have the issue I'm having so here it goes! On cold start my 79 m813 nhc250 starts like a Swiss watch it runs for maybe a minute then dies you crank and crank (no smoke) give it some ether and it pops after doing this 3 maybe 4 times it fires you can drive it all day and when you shut it off and re start it 5 minutes later it surges and dies then it cranks for a minute and starts anyone have this issue before if so I'd apriciate your input

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you replaced the rubber fuel lines ? If not that would the first thing to check .
They are known for cracking and letting air into the system .

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That symptom is typical of fuel bleeding back before the filter or a loop in the supply line