• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

813 upgrades today

ranchhopper

I had the perfect day to work on the 813 60 degrees sunny so I added some upgrades today. First were the turn signals I took the old ones off that were like new anyway and added the LEDs since the turn signals had the metal bodys they went together like they were made for each other. Next since the prices on the lots of seats on GL went into the stratosphere last week I used the last two humvee seats I had in the shop I modified the springer bases to make the humvee seats fit. Last the elbow on the exhaust stack was starting to look like swiss cheese I picked up a piece of straight pipe and a rain cap and got that changed today. Tomorrow will be the day to get the LED tail lights installed and I bought a one piece fiberglass hard top that will be installed next.

Attachments

Last edited:

ranchhopper

Its a work in progress next spring a rhino lined floor and one inch thick insulation for the entire cab monday I am going to order some soor felt and rubber seals to finish them to my liking.

Jared

Nice work!

Did that steering wheel come with the truck? Or did you add it? I'm looking for one just like that. Currently have the old rounded one that needs replacement.

SPCWarning

Very nice! Looking back I wish 800 series had those seats in them from the factory! They look like they could be original. Very neat job, keep us posted on those LED's with pics.

ranchhopper

The LEDs on the front are much brighter than the originals I like them a lot more I got them courtesy of gimp. The steering wheel is stock probably replaced when the truck was over hauled.

ranchhopper

You do have good neighbors dont you? Wondering if people gripe at you. BTW, truck looks good.
I dont have any issues with my neighbors Im in an unincorporated area the neighbor and my wife go round and round about his 10 roosters which never stop crowing but Im OK with it I was raised in farm country. As far as Im concerned they have their thing and I have mine so we get along pretty good.

NSCoyote

Looks good i like the led's i would be nice to figure out how to wire in the park lights with the head lights so they work together
not too much of an expert on the electrical, but could you not branch off the headlight circut into a relay that energizes the park lamps circut when you turn on the headlamps?.

smoke

looks good. As for parking light on with headlights on there is a thread on it you just have to tap into one of the wires or something. Maybe someone can come up with the thread title for you.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks good. As for parking light on with headlights on there is a thread on it you just have to tap into one of the wires or something. Maybe someone can come up with the thread title for you.

Here's the parking light mod. thread I used. Took about 15 minutes, the cost was less than $5.00 and works great. It is a Deuce thread but all circuits are the same in this regard...Enjoy...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/46341-turn-deuce-front-parking-lights-into-markers.html

ranchhopper

Well another nice day and some new parts for the truck both doors got new weather stripping put both new felt runs in the window channels and new wiper weatherstrip inside the window slot that keeps the rain from pouring into the inside of the door. The replacement felt runs work great no more windows flopping back and forth in the track.

Attachments

ranchhopper

Not being one to waste a great late fall day outside I got my one piece fiberglass hard top installed today. I bought this from Ted Korpi out of florida out of the classifieds here he makes them. I painted it a couple days age with 383 green CARC added some one inch thick insulation used in heavy equipment cabs and fabbed up a headliner out of masonite and pieces of an OD tarp. The top is very light weight and easy to work with and fit surprisingly well the only thing is you need to add a wood block ontop of the windshield frame as there is no support like the metal hard top has. Its all bolted down and sealed with caulk at the seam where it sits on the cab and windshield frame now were ready for winter time to sell off the soft top and frame now that I dont need it anymore.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks