• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

814 repower questions

nklpltd

Hey guys I need some research help. I'm researching a future project with a M814. I'm building my project truck to be an RV (crew cab with sleeper) and tow my 35' cruiser boat on a gn trailer.

I know the M814's come with the NTC 250 Cummins... UGH... I am going to need a bit more power than that engine is willing to give me. I'm researching a repower with another Cummins. My options right now are a Big Cam 290/300/350/400, an M11 or N14. For towing the boat and backing down ramps, I'm looking to mate an Allison to which ever engine I choose. I'm not looking for major speed, but 60-65 max towing would be nice.

How many of you have repowered with one of those engines? What Allison trans would you guys recommend? I have a few in mind, depending on the engine I choose, and it doesn't matter if it's a 4 or 5 speed.

For those who have repowered with a higher hp engine, have you changed or upgraded your t case? That's my only big concern that the t case won't handle the higher torque numbers.

Any and all opinions are welcomed.

det rebel

and have you ever thought about about a cat 3406 is a good one or if you do want computer and have money i would love to see one with a c15 in it