• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

816 wizard and parts source needed

bugei

i have a few 816 questions re: to the main hoist pump. it seems that in the -34, that the main pump is just replaced as a unit.

i need to know if anyone has an exploded diagram of the main hydraulic pump of the m816. mine blew the front seal off the pump, and i need to know if there was some kind of retainer that should have stopped the seal from blowing out.

i also need a new rubber drive coupler (i am guessing the name) the one that hooks the main pump to the pto. mine is looking kinda bad, so while the pump is out, i thought i would replace it if it is reasonable.

thanx.

Last edited:

jimmcld

See if you can go from the NSN number to a manufacturer. The manufacturer is probably the only one that is going to have an exploded view of the pump and probably the only source for the parts. I just had to do the same thing while looking for a part my Rotochamber. I found that it was made by Bendix and then found drawings at Bendix's web site.

54reo

i have a few 816 questions re: to the main hoist pump. it seems that in the -34, that the main pump is just replaced as a unit.

i need to know if anyone has an exploded diagram of the main hydraulic pump of the m816. mine blew the front seal off the pump, and i need to know if there was some kind of retainer that should have stopped the seal from blowing out.

i also need a new rubber drive coupler (i am guessing the name) the one that hooks the main pump to the pto. mine is looking kinda bad, so while the pump is out, i thought i would replace it if it is reasonable.

thanx.
There is no retainer on the pump holding the seal in place. It is simply a press fit.

As to the coupler, I have no idea. Perhaps a pump shop (most large cities have a few pump shops).

I will get into more detail a little later, busy now...