• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

817 Came Home Today!

USMC4302

Made the 80-mile trek up to Ft. Meade this morning and recovered my M-817 I recently purchased.

5 ton pictures by stovebltr - Photobucket -- Some shots from the day.

The loadout went smooth and the ride home was fun. The 6-71 Detroit enjoyed having a little weight for a change!

Turns out the truck had a full fuel tank and lots of other goodies to include lunch in the glove box! (Mexican MRE meal).

The truck is awesome and we had fun flathatting her.

We derigged the tarp and troop seats because tomorrow she goes to work :)

Semper Fi,
John

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Super truck, too bad you are so far away I know where there is a mint set of troop seats, buy you may have gotten a set, nice bed cover.

USMC4302

1st day on the farm and I ran about 8 loads of mulch and dragged a pretty good sized Beech tree to the burn pile (much easier than cutting it up and carrying pieces :) ) . My neighbors were running a drag line digging out their pond and I surprised them by driving up on the dirt pile next to the dragline. :) Woo hoo, this thing is much more fun than the F-350 it's replacing ...

Semper Fi, Rod -- I was HQSVCBn, 3rd MarDiv in the early '90's and with 3rd Marines at K'Bay in the late '90's. 3rd MarDiv was the only home I had in the Corps :beer: In fact, my wife suggested we call the truck "Smedley D. " I think I like it!

Rumplecat -- The truck had the cover (and all the bows) the safety strap (and a spare) and one of the troop seats. I dismounted all of that and tucked it away in the back of the pole barn for now. Not sure yet if I am going to keep it.

:)
John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks