• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 from gl with big antifreeze leak

gem1410

just tried to pick up an 818 at lakehurst--started up fast after i put in new batteries--coolant tank was empty so i put in 1/4 gallon of antifreeze before it came right out the right bottom of the radiator--there is a large metal support under the radiator so i cannot see where its coming from--is there an easy way to get the radiator away from the engine so i can inspect the bottom section--what do you have to do to put on a lower radiator hose--thanks george

Attachments

Last edited:

gem1410

looking under the radiator I could not see any drain fittings--the leak is on the passengers side--where is the drain located--is it easy to see?--thanks for your help

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The drain is on the drivers side. If you take the radiator out, while it's easy, check the steering gear box bolts to see if they are loose.

jatonka

When we buy at auction, you get what you get. Then fix it. Since you bought 5 and don't know where the radiator drain is, they must be your first 5 800 series trucks, that's cool, now you or your helper will get to know them much better. Pretty soon you'll be answering questions here on SS instead of asking, kind of a nice thought, eh? JT out

gem1410

2 have winches--$3900 each--2 nice ones no winch--$3600 each--the one with the leaking radiator--$2950----i drove the 4 home and they all drove well and tracked straight--some of the gages did not work--drivetrains all good--the bad radiator truck starts quick and should drive well --will not have titles for 45 to 60 days as i just sent to gl for them tonight--

Attachments

gem1410

Yes--its the first 5 tons i have purchased--its a whole different truck then the m35a2--much more of a truck--they are much better on the road and more practical with the power steering for work--the ride is great--thanks for asking---I STILL LIKE THE M35A2 FOR ITS DETAIL AND MECHANICS

Last edited: