• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 going single, does wheel track really matter?

ke5eua

Ok, I searched and what I came up with is dealing with the deuce. Since I'm in the 5 ton class I figured I would ask.

I have a set of the FMTV wheels I'm going to put on my 818 and since they are aluminum I'm debating deep dishing out because of the indent for the lug on the outer side.

Now, I have searched about flipping the hubs on the 5 ton and I guess it isn't really doable or something to that effect without an adapter, I'm not sure. Again, you get hammered with deuce threads on this topic.

So, if I keep the hubs like they are now and just put the wheels on regular I know the wheels will be inward some but will it work, or do I need to flip the hubs somehow?

If it was steel wheels I would deep dish out no problem but the thickness of the aluminum is pretty thick and I don't think the studs would allow the lugs to grab to much if I deep dished them.

Any thoughts, I will be brining my truck back down next weekend so I will be undergoing a full axle service on all 3 within the next couple weeks and if I can flip I will since I will have the hubs off anyway.

ke5eua

gimpyrobb, I tried doing a search in just the 5 ton section. The search engine does a bolean search even if you "" the text so I get everything that has the word wheel, or track in it.

Just the term aluminum returned 244 threads, search text for aluminum wheel returned 608. Thats why I asked.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
gimpyrobb, I tried doing a search in just the 5 ton section. The search engine does a bolean search even if you "" the text so I get everything that has the word wheel, or track in it.

Just the term aluminum returned 244 threads, search text for aluminum wheel returned 608. Thats why I asked.
Have you used the vbulletin based search by clicking on the advanced search, selecting the 5 ton forum, then searching? I suggest not searching on a common word as wheel though.

ke5eua

Another option would be longer studs in the rear and flipping the wheels or use the bud studs.

I just don't know if the bud studs alone over the studs then the wheel on the buds would be good.