• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 on 16x20 singles, what trailers?

rizzo

Rattlehead said:
jwaller said:
well I too thought about it a long time ago but I need the ramps to help get under trailers bc of the huge height the truck has. and if you move the plate back to have to mod the ramps and I dont want to do that bc you start down a road of changing things and I want it to look original.
How about blocking under the landing gear when you set it down? The first time with a trailer would be difficult. I was actually thinking on a trailer recovery that you could set the front of the trailer on the front bumper(assuming its a fairly light, unloaded trailer), retract the landing gear, then block it and raise it up higher. You are forever having to block it when you unload a trailer though.
dont use blocking. use 8 ft long lumber. I use two 4x4x8's

what ever you use make sure it is wider than it is tall. I You are using a air ride trailer make sure the bags have dumped before you put the gear down. the trailer moves forward as the bags dump.