• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 Recovery and other stuff

treessw

So I did my recovery starting Thursday and got to meet a few of our fellow SS members. I recovered a 818 from Wright Pat with the help of Gimpy and Andrew!!! What a treat. These guys were more than helpful and especially on a short notice!!! I have said before I just don't have the vocabulary in my head to begin to describe or even thank and or commend these two on all the help they provided while I was there. THESE GUYS ROCK!!!, Not to mention keeping it full of laughs and just making it a good time!!!! From Oh I went to Mich. and was able to meet up with Derrick, another SS'er who was nice enough to wait until almost midnight for me to get there. He had actually recovered a M105 for me and was able to mount a CBC I had bought from him in the back and was ready on my arrival for me to hook up. Once again, A truly wonderful guy!!!! These guys alone made a trip of some grueling 36 hours round trip straight through ABSOLUTELY BEARABLE!!!! The trip really didn't get hairy until I got to Lexington Ky where I had a front tire come apart on me. All in all, everything went well considering. Problems: One blown front tire, fuel constriction issue and one blown brake line. Still got home, went back to work and was able to do all this thanks to our outstanding members here on the sight!!!!!

Attachments

dozer1

Great truck recovery story. Glad you were able to handle that blowout and brakeline issue. Must be a good truck to make the trip as well as it did..congrats [thumbzup]

treessw

Well, I Have to say once again... Hats off to the guys in Oh with all the help of getting this thing ready to go. It really is a good truck, was rebuilt in 2002 so that was nice. Now I just have some little fix issues to take care of. That and swap out the tires, which I also picked up at Wright pat. :jumpin: It is a really clean rig, little bit of rust but nothing I am going to cry over. easy fix[thumbzup]

jasonjc

Just watch those 14.00's on the rear 1/4 fenders. I seen one this weekend that had grooves in the tread from the bolts on the bottom of the fenders. But it did look nice thought:jumpin:

treessw

oh believe me, I have looked at a few set ups on these. Figures I wouls remove those fenders, and maybe fab something up to do a little protection. Thakns for your insight, always good to know!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks