• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 truck

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I think guys here could bob a motorcycle so yes and in regard to licence without a trailer you can drive it with a class B licence I would go for a CDL class A if you are thinking about getting one because the fifth wheels get lonely and soon you will find yourself bidding on a semi trailer for it.

Lorax

818's are easier to back up, since there isn't a pesky bed blocking your view of the rear rear axle and wheels.

And yeah, 5th wheels do get lonely. I swear I keep hearing a sad violin song coming from the back yard every now and then.

dm22630

Re: RE: 818 truck

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I think guys here could bob a motorcycle so yes and in regard to licence without a trailer you can drive it with a class B licence I would go for a CDL class A if you are thinking about getting one because the fifth wheels get lonely and soon you will find yourself bidding on a semi trailer for it.
You can drive on in VA with no special license. As long as it is for "personal use" ONLY.

I have spoken with the VA state police commercial enforcement AND the DOT about this. They both told me that as long as it is for personal use, it falls under "recreational vehicle" and is exempt from CDL requirements.

HOWEVER....

They also told me that it varies state to state & if I crossed state lines, I would have to meet that state's requirements.

2cents