• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 Winch problems & Questions

F18hornetM

:73m819: Yep, old age is worth something, done most of this crap or something like it at least once before,

Before you do, pull the springs, then put the handle back on (or vice grips), this may help to turn it up

I knew I could depend on you for an idea.
I still appreciate the phone conversation about the forward/reverse sprag and why they would build tension if rotated opposite of engagement. [thumbzup]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think you are all talking about this one... If the pin rotates, then even if it has been bent and has a burr, you should be able to unwind it with the nut and jam nut inplace.
Yep, same item different numbers, may not work as you describe because if the drum end is bent bad enough (which I think it is) it will not clear the pin hole which is a tad bigger then the pin on the case side facing the drum, the only way is to straighten enough to be able to pull the pin though that hole.
I would put a pull on the pin as you hit it down, this will help a bit

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It sounds like the pto is ok The Linkage is out of agestment REset the PTO to true Nutral The pto geer in the tranny is fine or you would know it and winch would of never moved , and if the young grunt would not of tiethen the drum that tieth, the pto would of went to nutarl, now that you cut the prusser of with a tourch the pto will disengage if not you are done in
What are you refering to, we are dealing with a bent drum lock pin, ?????

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
don't be sorry, I type so slow that 1/2 the time the question is answered by 2 members before I can post

F18hornetM

Thanks guys for your thoughts on the bent pin. When I get a chance to work on it I'll report back what happened in case someone else runs into this.