• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

84 lost power last night And now won't stay running

mistaken1

Did the filter change cure the water in fuel light?

There is a sensor in the fuel filter base that is used for the ICE system. Other members have reported them as source of air and have removed the sensor and plugged it with a pipe plug.

Also the stock fuel filter base can crack and let air into the system.

Return valve? Does the ball move freely?

Last edited:

ranchhopper

Your pump is DOA the same thing happened to the 1008 I bought from the GSA same symptoms good fuel to the pump but nothing to the injectors I replaced the pump and it works great now. I have a friend who owns a diesel shop in woodstock IL he has pumps sitting on the shelf for the 6.2.

jeffro589

Mistaken1 can u go a little more in depth about the checkball did a search on here and couldn't find much that's about the only thing I didn't check

jeffro589

Ok I have 4 of the injector lines completely off when cranking little drops of fuel just barely come out also can someone give me a little more info on this check valve thanks.

jdemaris

Ok I have 4 of the injector lines completely off when cranking little drops of fuel just barely come out also can someone give me a little more info on this check valve thanks.
That thing you're calling a "check valve" on top of the pump has no effect on engine starting. You could leave it out - or plug it shut and engine would still start. If plugged, the engine will start fine, then lose power, and then quit - over and over and over. If you left it out, the engine would run fine - but would get airbound after you shut if off and let it sit for awhile.

In regard to only seeing drips of fuel from loosened lines - that's all there is supposed to be. Each injection is only a drop or two of fuel.

At 1000 RPM, a 6.2 injects and fires 4000 times a minute and injects around 7 ounces of fuel in total. With the starter cranking the engine, it's injecting 1600 times a minute and a little less then 4 ounces of fuel, total for all the cylinders put together. Not much when you divide by eight. 1/2 ounce per injector line after a full minute of cranking if my math is any good.

The only way to visably check it -like you're doing - is to hook a fuel injector to one of those lines with the injector laying outside the engine. Then see if the injection pump actually makes enough pressure to open the injector and make it pop.

jeffro589

Ok guys I'm getting really frusterated this thing still won't start I've bled everything I even dumped 5 gallons of fresh fuel in I'm getting good pressure from the lift pump and when I break the injector lines I get a little drip anybody got any other ideas?

jeffro589

Ok so turns out my fuel gauge doesn't read right a quarter tank on the gauge means empty in the tank so I'm guessing i ran out of fuel and damaged the injector pump to the point that it can't build enough pressure to open the injectors I will pull an injector out tomorrow and verify they are not opening and next week I'll have enough to order an ip. Thanks for all your help guys this is the best forum I've ever been a part of!!