• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

85 cucv M1008 frontend shimmy/shaking while braking

GSDFHEALEY

Where can I purchase the left and right tierod ends and drag link. I have alot of play in them. I think thats where the shimmy and shakings coming from. What civy truck is the same as the M1008? any help will be appreciated thanks

Dock Rocker

Where can I purchase the left and right tierod ends and drag link. I have alot of play in them. I think thats where the shimmy and shakings coming from. What civy truck is the same as the M1008? any help will be appreciated thanks

I am a newbie so I am not sure where to buy the ends and link. I would suggest you look at your breaks while you have it apart. Warped rotors and old pads or shoes could be making things worse than they really are.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Download the FREE CUCV technical manuals for your truck and the parts manual will have every item you are looking for layed out and the GM part number listed.

GSDFHEALEY

85 Cucv steering wobble

Thanks to all who replied. You've been a great help now I can fix it. I checked the brakes on the front and they look great. so kingpins here i come lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks