• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

85 m1009 swap to 6.5L TD

2INSANE

Negative the other one that I started will be the main build thread I just wanted to get some input. I guess I'm going to just rock the 6.2 until it dies!

Unless I get that set up and sell the parts I don't need and buy the heads, intake, exhaust, turbo and I think that IP I bought from you will work if not that as well.
10-4! I am thinking if you would have bought that motor, your rig would be sitting a long time because of all the modifications you would have to do to make it work.

The 6.2 is still a great motor! There are ways to make it bomb proof just as good if not better then a Optimizer. But at that point it would be another huge project lol.

But on the other hand, if you are willing to drop $5500 and you are dead set on an Optimizer, then buy a longblock Optimizer and swap your parts over. Sell the rest, get a $500 core on your 6.2 and call it good!

If you go this route, I have 1 6.5 mechanical IP and 1 serpentine set left ;-)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks