• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

850 mile Deuce trip - here's some pics of my new Deuce

FSBruva

dma251-

You will need two of the NAPA #60-750 wiper arm kits, and two Exact Fit blades. You can either do 11" or 13" blades, but if you go long, you have to shorten the wiper arms a little bit (1" or so - not hard at all). If you want shorter, you need #60-011-1, if you want longer, #60-013-1. This next bit is important:

Whatever blades you get, you need to make sure they have a narrow enough bayonet receptacle to fit tightly on the wiper arm. Unfortunately, NAPA has two different types of swivel assemblies on their “Exact Fit” blades (nevermind the irony). The one you want are stamped with “TRICO England” and have a small “1,” near where the bayonet attaches. If it has a “2” or “UK” stamped, it will not work with the wiper arm kit!!!

That's the short of it. Install is up to you until I get some pics to add to the Tech Article. Be warned, this is a little pricey of a modification, but should make the wipers less useless.

Matt

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
less useless.
There's just something funny about that phrase...........

Dipstick

That is a nice looking Deuce. I hope you enjoy many happy miles in it. My first and only Deuce is arriving next week. I do have three newbie questions though. Maybe you can find time to answer them. Do other drivers get annoyed with Military Vehicle Drivers? Did you ever feel like it was unsafe with cars and Big Rigs whizzing by at higher speeds? I mean, were you ever worried about getting rear ended?

JCKnife

That is a nice looking Deuce. I hope you enjoy many happy miles in it. My first and only Deuce is arriving next week. I do have three newbie questions though. Maybe you can find time to answer them. Do other drivers get annoyed with Military Vehicle Drivers? Did you ever feel like it was unsafe with cars and Big Rigs whizzing by at higher speeds? I mean, were you ever worried about getting rear ended?
You're asking questions in a six-year-old thread here, man.

I mean, nice use of the search feature, but...

Now, that said: I'll answer your questions. I stay off the highway and WAY under the speeds stated in this thread. My deuce likes to run at about 45 mph and that's fine with me. I like the block the way it is, not see-through.

Last edited:

91W350

I am another member of the 42 to 45 mph club. I stay off the Interstate whenever possible. I do worry about being rear ended, we had a member here killed that way. Glen

Dipstick

Thanks for the answers JCKnife and 91w350. Sorry about not being aware of the age of this thread. I obviously have a lot to learn about SS. I'm still learning to use the search function. I'll take your driving advice to heart. Such a shame that a member lost his life that way. I bet it was a real wake up call for a lot of MV owners. It's going to stick in my mind.