• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 1009 Lighting Issues

Chevybrit

Hey All

Finally got a 1009, need an inspection and have problems with wiring! The running lights at the front appear to have issues with the bulb holders
amongst indicator issues at the rear..everything works as it should until the headlamps are on then stop/indicators dont
Q. Are the front lamps Halogen as standard?
Q. There has been some overheating damage to the fuse board inside the engine compartment
Q. Is there a proper wiring diagram for the 1009 on the forum .. the maintenance TM has a minimal electrical section

Many Thanks

Chevybrit

Ive swapped out some of the lamp holders in the rear and in the side markers which seemed to be intermittent .. i also found the stop lamp fuse had been changed to a 30A from 10A
When i study the wiring diagram to look for a short somewhere ive traced the orange and blk/wht from the stop lamp switch to something labelled 'lighting cont SW' what is this and where
do i find it physically on the truck ??

Chevybrit

problem solved ... the 10 pin connector had been forced togther and the last two pins (brake and tail light) were squashed together ... it must have blown the brake fuse
because the prev owner had replaced it with a 30A from 10A.... it must have gottten extra hot and fused the plastic shroud around it.
i snipped off the wht and green wires and connected them seperately outside of the 10 pin strip connector with a two pin block and all is good again [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks