• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 M10090brake drum size?

justinwregier

What size are the rear drums for a 1986 M1009? 11 inch or 11 5/32 inch?
Please if anyone can email asap justinwregier@gmail.com
I am at the parts store with my cucv parked out front w/ a smoking rear drum

I have the pdf TM manuals at home but not here with me...
Can't veiw pdfs at the parts store...

Last edited:

justinwregier

Thanks for the direction. It is silly to be stuck at the counter on 5/32 of an inch... haha but making a 14 mile round trip home just to find out is worse.

dunedigger

according to lmc truck the brakes with 2 3/4" wide shoes are the 11 5/32 brakes. That's what mine are, with the wider shoes. My rear brake on the drivers side locked up on the way home from purchase. I had to stop and back the brakes off. It has happened a couple times since then and seems to be a problem with my emergency cables being rusted and once in awhile it will bump something like a snow drift and set it on a little without returning. I am going to deal with mine next weekend.

justinwregier

So the shoes are the 11 5/32 which are very wide

The problem was not just the brake drum after all...

The shoes could use a new set and the drums are old enough that putting new ones on isnt a bad idea either but after the hub came off the real issue was there.

Bad outer wheel bearing on the passenger side and then on the way to getting the axle out discovery of worn/chipped gears in the rear differential.

Thanks again for the support on the brakes and if anyone reads this further some leads on the rear differential would be great