• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 m998 diff ratio ?

auctionaddict

Hey guys, my rear diff is howling at the moon. I have found some NOS diffs in different ratios.
I have searched but no definite answer... Can't find any tags or markings on mine.
Were they all the same on the early ones ? Mine is a USMC with fording if it matters.

Thanks !!!!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yours are most likely 2:56

late models had 2:73 and 3:08

but all the M998s that came out of these auctions are early models... I have never seen one that is not 2:56 on a mil truck.
in order to tell you need to open the diff up and check the stampings on the main gear should read 41-16

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks