• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

871 trailer tiedowns?

Tapper02

Are there special tiedowns for the military trailers such as the M871 and M872? I've searched online and looked in the TMs but haven't found anything on them. Or does everyone just use ratchet straps with the double "J" hook instead of the flat hook?
M871 trailer tiedown points.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Are there special tiedowns for the military trailers such as the M871 and M872? I've searched online and looked in the TMs but haven't found anything on them. Or does everyone just use ratchet straps with the double "J" hook instead of the flat hook?
View attachment 836051
I found the information you are asking about maybe two months ago. Sad part (for me) is that the source is all the way across the country... Give this a look and see if it will point you off in the right direction. There may be a few still for sale.

M871 M872 Trailer Locks.jpg

Tapper02

Thanks Mullaney...great info! So from that thread it looks like you use the tiedown rings in the circle cutouts to secure cargo other than containers, and would have to use the double "J" hooks straps.
M871 trailer tiedown ring.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Mullaney...great info! So from that thread it looks like you use the tiedown rings in the circle cutouts to secure cargo other than containers, and would have to use the double "J" hooks straps.
View attachment 836056
Hi Tapper02,

I can't swear to it, but I thought the odd shaped hole back one (from what you circled was where the pieces in the link I sent) was how those pieces were used. Supposedly our trailers are outfitted with four in the BII.

My trailer is considerably more rusty and in need of sand blasting. I have used it to move several things with it. So far no conatiners, so I can't really say exactly jow it would be. There are pins that should pop up to fit a container. Mine are seized up in a bad way. Eventually I will get that fixed too. :-(

Tapper02

Thanks for the inputs. Not looking to secure a container, so I think I'll just go with J-Hook ratchet straps for crated or palletized items and chains for vehicles.

-Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks