• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8V92ta

T815-8x8

I wanted to share my DD 8V92ta upgrades. I imported a Tatra T815 TP24 6x6 from CZ had to remove the OE air cooled V12 engine to get it in the US. I purchased via GovLiq HMETT 8V92 & Allison HT740D
The engine had a few missing parts so I had to remove heads, but now it's fairly close to test running it on the ground.

So the improvements center around removing the stock Aftercooler which uses hot coolant water to cool the turbo / blower air charge.
The air charge is now going to be rerouted to a Air/Water Intercooler which should lower charge temps from around the 180 to 90F which will significantly increase volume & boost.
The change I am making is to have a high flow Blower Bypass System instead of the tiny little unit that the 8V92 has on its blower, the convenient hole left by the removal of the AfterCooler leaves a nice 2.25" hole in front of the blower / governor area, with a custom hi top blower intake I will be fab'ing a reed valve blower bypass so a soon as the turbo charge entering the blower air box reaches just a slight resistance from the blower the air charge will be redirected a around it direct into the main air box. 3 benefits less blower loads ( pumping losses ) less heat & more boost. Finally 115cc injectors I'm hoping for around 600 - 650 BHP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T815-8x8

Here the prototype hi flow blower bypass, fab'd in 2" mandrel U bend, I'm going to have to re-do it again later as I had some issues with my gas regulators & torch but at least I can prove the concept
It's very tight but I am able to install the manifold and then the fuel pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks