• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9.00-20 singles question

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Planning on singling out my truck with 11.00-20 XLs sometime next year.
Seeing I am replacing axle seals, I thought of flipping the hubs right away in order to avoid having to pull the hubs again when I get the new tires.

I do not need full cargo capacity at the moment and would just run stock 9.00-20 singles in the rear on flipped hubs.

Has anybody done that and is there a pic of what that looks like? I searched but could not find one.

I just want to make sure that I do not end up with a barf-inducing contraption that I have to stare at until I can get the bigger tires (although, perhaps, it would be a good motivator to get them asap).

Sephirothq

I think the M34 was singles. there should be picutres out there of what it will look like.
I have also seen trucks on gov liquidation everyone once and a while with singles and flipped hubs.
They look fine.

LanceRobson

The M34 had 11.00-20 singles and a wheel with less offset to give it a wider wheel track.

If you check the load rating on the 9.00-20, you should find that they will support the weight of a fully loaded M35 just fine. Flip away.

I've got single 11.00R20XLs and flipped hubs under my off road truck and wouldn't ever go back to NDTs. I like them so much I'm switching my dual rear wheel truck and trailers to XLs.

Lance

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the look of the 11.00-20 singles. I just was not sure about the smaller 9.00-20. The info puts my at ease. I was a little surprised regarding the load rating. Ok, so I will flip my hubs! :smile:

1stDeuce

I have my truck sitting on single 9.00's right now on stock wheels while it waits for me to mount up the 11.00's on M34/135 wheels... The bed looks really wide, but the truck looks OK otherwise. I think the M34 wheels look a little better with the additional offset, but it doesn't do much for the bed overhang... I need a narrower bed!! :) I'll shoot a pic tomorrow evening.
C

LanceRobson

I'll add this; when hauling firewood out of our wood lot, the single truck has less clearance issues. The trails were cleared for horses to haul logs, not machinery ,and unless I want to whack a whole lot of trees to open them up they'll stay pretty narrow. The dual truck is forever scrubbing the sidewalls on root and stumps.

Lance

5 ton monster

Check out BigCase here on SS, He has a M-35 with the flipped hubs and super singles on the stock rims and his truck looks Awesome, He's a great guy and would look forward to the opportunity to give his input.

chgofiveo

Check out BigCase here on SS, He has a M-35 with the flipped hubs and super singles on the stock rims and his truck looks Awesome, He's a great guy and would look forward to the opportunity to give his input.
Hey 5 Ton Monster (I feel silly calling you that)
Sorry to get off track, but was wondering if you truck was a 5 ton tractor befor it was bobbed? and does it have a cummings engine?