• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9:00 V 11:00 tires

Jeepers69

You would not happen to have a picture with the smaller tires on your truck? that way I can see the difference between tires to see what they look like and the difference.. thanks in advance. looking forward to pics. Tim

I've been collecting 11.00x20 NDCCs to put on mine. They can be found fairly cheap as everyone seems to want the big sexy tires........

I found 9 brand new ones for $40 a piece. Pick 4 more up tomorrow. Will give me a total of 16 new and used ones......next I just need to get them on the truck!!

rolling18

Contact Brad Milne up near Ft Lewis WA for a great source for all tires, types, and sizes I bought 6 goodyear 395's new/ almost new. He will let you look around the property and pick what you want tires and every other thing PM me if you want his contact info Much closer to you and wont have to $hip!!fat lady sings

Andrews CC

Thank you all for the input.
I am going on the Alaska convoy this summer and decided to go with new titan hawk 373 NDCC 11.00s . Had to buy 12 tires to get best price, so will have two to sell to someone up here in the northwest.

All of your expertise makes steel soldiers well worth the $15 dues.

joshs1ofakindxj

You want to be on the highway, so why don't you get radials, like the GoodYear G177 or the Firestone T831? Radials would have better handling, traction, milage, and would last longer.
I really like those tires but I don't think I could afford them new. Are they available surplus or some other economical way?

1958 M274

I am going on the Alaska convoy this summer and decided to go with new titan hawk 373 NDCC 11.00s . Had to buy 12 tires to get best price, so will have two to sell to someone up here in the northwest.

I think going with 11.00s on your truck is a good choice. I have 11.00s on my M35 too.

I think selling two of them would be a bad choice. As someone who participated in the 2009 transcontinental convoy, I strongly suggest taking a couple extra spares! I know you have a truck with dual wheels, but still...

Even if you don't use any of your spares on the trip, when it's over you will likely want to replace the tires on your front axle due to wear. Rotating the tires repeatedly on the convoy rest days so that they will wear evenly all the way around isn't any fun...

Good luck on the trip!
Joe

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like those tires but I don't think I could afford them new. Are they available surplus or some other economical way?
There are lots of them available for around $150 on 5-Ton wheels. Most of the m923s coming in the auctions now have almost new rubber on them, and many people are putting bigger rubber on them.

I have a set but I think you can find something closer without any trouble.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Yes the 11.00-20 and 9.00-20 flaps are different slightly, the 11 are about an inch wider, but I usually just keep the tire tube, rim liner and all with the same size tires. simple put 11-20 across the bored, on deuce rims. Never had a single problem yet.

sandcobra164

The flaps are fine, the tubes are different. That difference even goes as picky as to whether your running 11 NDT's or 11 Radials. The Radials require a different tube as they normally run higher tire pressures and need to be slightly more robust.

mightymanx

Ahh you are the guy that aced me on the auction.

Those are nice tires I looked at them in person.

Stagg

I've been collecting 11.00x20 NDCCs to put on mine. They can be found fairly cheap as everyone seems to want the big sexy tires........

I found 9 brand new ones for $40 a piece. Pick 4 more up tomorrow. Will give me a total of 16 new and used ones......next I just need to get them on the truck!!
Man, I need to put you on my christmas list. I've started looking for 1100s around Ft Riley, and haven't found that mythical person with "get them out of my hair" prices :razz:

Varyag

I put G286s on my deuce in a singles config in the back. I really haven't noticed much of a change in milage but it drives a heck of a lot better (like night and day better) and I can cruise at 55 (GPS) with the speedo reading 47.

I would do it again in a second.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks