• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9.00 x 20 snow tread

mbc

Any update on how the tires are wearing. I would like to try that on my front tires if it would help on wet roads and snow. Also how would it change the stearing out on the interstate.

Danger Ranger

Yeah, I want to know more about the performance of the modded tires too.

Also, the only chainsaw, for whatever, is a STIHL. German engineering at its finest, even if it isn't American.:wink:

Seth_O

I really like this idea, but have a bit of a siping/grooving-idiot question: the pattern you created is asymmetrical, does that make the tires directional? I.e. would you not be able to rotate them side-to-side (passenger to driver) on the truck for even wear? That would change the direction they were running, relative to the pattern on the tire........

I really like this idea, but have a bit of a siping/grooving-idiot question: the pattern you created is asymmetrical, does that make the tires directional? I.e. would you not be able to rotate them side-to-side (passenger to driver) on the truck for even wear? That would change the direction they were running, relative to the pattern on the tire........
It's all about making sharp edges for bite and getting rid of the continuous rib down the middle of the tire....Of course the rib is what makes them last longer on the pavement, but it's also what keeps you from climbing over a wet root or log. The pattern just works out asymmetrical. After the sharp edges get worn down in one direction I just flip them around.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I saw this a few weeks ago and had to laugh..... I though about taking my spare and doing this, shooting a video to put on here and then sit back and watch the Shatstorm ensue.:p

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwItiRI_iC0[/media]

We used to do that with those boggers but would use the tip of the saw to cut the small lug out and go straight thru. It used to eat chains up though. That rubber is tougher than wood. I dont think I would have good luck with my 066 stihl and 36" bar doing that.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think a makita grinder for mild steel would have the same effect, It must be nice to own a garage. I WANT A GARAGE...!