• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9 and still started

REDWOLF

Well it was 9 deg here this morning without the wind chill and the M1009 still started after a bit of cranking. I have had a bunch of glow plugs go out in the last cple days so i new it was going to be a hard start. I just have to wait to save up the money to get a set so i can replace them. I know they are about a 100.00 dollars but thats a lot of cash these days for me and my family.

Barrman

I had mine on a Scout camp out over the weekend. Saturday morning my infrared thermometer said 18° on the ground. 15° on the steering wheel. The coldest I have been here in Texas in a long time.

Half a second to maybe a full second of cranking after the WAIT light went out and it was blowing blue smoke, rattling like a can of bolts and shaking. But, it was running and continued to run great. The Boys were all wanting to get in out of the cold too.

One of my Scouts just got his license and bought a civilian K5 gasser. He rode with me the entire weekend. He was amazed at how smooth my M1009 drove, how little noise there was at 65 mph and how easily it started in the cold. "I need to find a diesel like yours" was his last comment about it.

I really don't want to test it out at any lower temps either.

1986Blazerk5

The coldest i have started my m1009 is 3 degrees but i have fairly new glow plugs and a block heater. That is the best thing you can do is add a good block heater. Mine was 29.99 at Orielly auto parts.