• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

#9 cucv on road

choll

Well my 9th cucv is now on the road. I had it in my back yard for the past 3 years and because of my job
didnt have a lot of time to work on it. Bought it for $860 in Barstow CA. It had a bent right front spring, a couple of broken windows including the back, and it was missing the passenger seat, body and all the seals around the door looked new. Dash pad was a mess. Odometer had a little over 25000 miles I figured it was 125000. I bid on it because I needed parts for another one. Well to make a 3 year story short I go and pick it up and it has all its service records in a binder on the floor. It did have 25000 miles on it. I couldnt use this for parts so I had a body shop put new front springs on it,$1100, new tires $600. I drive it home and my wife informs me she wants the truck so my daughter,3yoa, and her can "take drives in the mountains when it snows." Well now I have to get a "pro" to look at everything steering, brakes, trans, fuel pump and injection pump. I know enough to get myself in trouble if I break down. I did not want them breaking down. I now have about 3 grand in it. sad to say but the wife wants it painted, dont kill me guys, metalic blue. Carpet also. It does run good

joeman_80128

Hey its cool she wants it. I just bought my first M-1009 its cherry all it needed was a new heater core and the guy sold it to me for $2000 after his wife got tired of looking at it! Could go the other way thats all I'm saying!