• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

900 and 800 winches the same?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dragonman, the NSN is 5340010841232 and P/N is 12276904 for the BRACKET, MOUNTING as described in the TM. I have the motor numbers listed above.

rwoods, that's good to know about the 19 cid alternative. The price is much better!

runk, I decided to open my motor. You can read all about it in my M925A2 rebuild thread. I have some good photos of the internal parts. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/26369-my-big-m925a2-project-truck-home-43.html

After taking it apart and putting it back together, I now understand why it was so hard to turn it over. The Geroter assembly has extremely tight tolerances. Plus, one of the rollers in my Geroter had a small patch of surface rust on it. Also, the output shaft/bearing combo was tight even without anything else hooked to it. I was very careful with contamination when putting it back together. The most frustrating things were the little bits of paint that kept popping off of the edges of the different assemblies and ending up stuck to the oil. I am going to take it apart one more time to polish the roller, lube everything with a light layer of Vaseline, replace the o-ring seals, and time the motor per the manual so it spins in the right direction. I am hoping to test it on the truck on Sunday or Monday. I will report back with the results.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Found this on Unimog.net tonight. It is a 5-ton winch with adapter and Char-Lynn hydraulic motor. Great price!

FOR SALE
20'000 lb Hydraulic winch, new eaton motor, no wear on drum or fairlead, fresh epoxy paint, $750.
[FONT=helvetica, geneva, arial, sans-serif]Greg Bess, 315-416-0452
Hannibal, NY 13074, USA - Friday, January 29, 2010 at 08:07 GMT.

[/FONT]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks