• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

900 series combat rims

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dang rims are rare as hen's teeth. I have 4 and am looking for more. Looks like the only way to get a complete set is to buy a residue truck from GL :D I let a 927A1 go last month that had a full set. Final bid was $2550 I think. It had potential. There should be a better supply as more and more of the 939 trucks come out of service.

citizensoldier

Whhhhhhhhughhhhhhhhhh.. Chugga! Chugga! Been remodeling a old farm house built in the late 1700's, bailing hay, and trying to get these tires mounted.. Finished up the last two today and mounted one more to the truck.
I think I found my wobble problem too.. I had some bad vibration around 45-50 MPH.. Thought it was either a bent rim or a tire out of round.. But! This truck must have been stuck in, or broken through blacktop at one time??? .. :shock: It had tar/blacktop squished between the backplate and the drum on the rear deul tires.. It was caked on the back side and set up... I took a zero degree tip on the old power washer and removed it.. This must have been the out of balance issue..

Attachments

Cdub

OUTSTANDING.............!!!!!

lub and more lub is the ticket........they're not really a big deal once you done a few.....and they seem to go faster with each tire mounting.......

The truck looks super fantastic.......

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

Oh and BTW Chris.......I think I'm going to have to come down to VA and give ya a kick in the Butt for letting that M927a1 USMC truck go......how could ya.......??!!??........it brakes my HART......

C'dub

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I liked it a whole lot, but some big bidder liked it even more. He bought 3 other 939 trucks in the same auction. :roll: The one I was talking about in the post above was an Army truck in PA. The 927A1 in SC went for $4000+ and it needed a lot of work.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was already bidding on them when you sent it. :)

By the way, looking good, Lane!

I found 3 more from a fellow member in FL so I now have a complete set. I am going to sandblast them all and rebuild them with fresh paint, valves and o-rings.

citizensoldier

gimpyrobb said:
Lane, you suck.
Man someone has there panties a bunch !! I could not do the last one because the dog ate the valve stem...Bahahahahahahahah..

It took me two years to round up all this junk in ways I could afford.. They wont be on the wrecker long though.. They are for the M51A2 but it still has a sick motor.. Talk about "hens teeth"! That would be a good LDS 4651A..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks