• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

900 series prices

RIDDLE1

Hey guy I just sold my deuce and am thinking about purchasing a M931. I haven't been keeping up with what they have been bringing lately on GL and was wonder what the prices have been ranging. I have noticed some of the trucks are 80's and some have been rebuilt as late as 09.

Just trying to get an idea before I jump in with both feet. Thanks in advance for any help.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Prices are good on the 900 series trucks.I bought a running 931 for $4400,And just picked up a 925 for $4400.And a 923 for $3000.All prices were with the GL fees.All trucks were runners.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Camp Shelby 931's bring around 2800. Look for one with the black rebuild tag to the left of the main data plate. These trucks are a bargain. The one I got runs like a champ.

Truckoholic

Got my M925A1 in running condition (supposedly as I have not recovered it yet due to extremely busy GL lot) for just under $4,000.

I've seen a lot of M931's go for between $4-$6,000. And the cool thing about the M931's compared to the other 939 series trucks, is that most of them do not require an EUC, so you get a paid in full invoice right after paying, and can go pick it up almost immediately. So also keep that in mind when bidding, so you don't get yourself into a problem where you can't get time off work that quick because you were planning on having to wait for the EUC to clear. I've seen it happen a few times on here where it catches people by surprise.

RIDDLE1

Got my M925A1 in running condition (supposedly as I have not recovered it yet due to extremely busy GL lot) for just under $4,000.

I've seen a lot of M931's go for between $4-$6,000. And the cool thing about the M931's compared to the other 939 series trucks, is that most of them do not require an EUC, so you get a paid in full invoice right after paying, and can go pick it up almost immediately. So also keep that in mind when bidding, so you don't get yourself into a problem where you can't get time off work that quick because you were planning on having to wait for the EUC to clear. I've seen it happen a few times on here where it catches people by surprise.
Well that is good to know!! Thanks for the heads up.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up a M932 out of Redstone. Funny thing is, it came from Camp Shelby and I got it for Camp Shelby prices. That's ok with me because the US government shipped it a lot closer to the house for free. Well not really free, we all paid for it in around about way. I appreciate y'all chipping in. :smile:

Truckoholic

It is quite disturbing when you look at what the government paid for these trucks as opposed to what they end up selling them for.

For example: My M925A1 cost the government $75,000 new. I bought it for $4,000. That leaves $71,000 unaccounted for. Now, there really is no way of knowing exactly how much use the government got out of them, and how much value you can place on that use. So $71,000 is not really accurate, but think about it this way...............

Say GL sells 50 M925A1's for the government, and they sell for an average price of $5,000. That means the government is getting back about $250,000. Pretty good chunk of change. However............... 50 M925A1 trucks cost the government (AKA you and me) $3,763,900! That means that out of 50 trucks sold, $3,513,900 is still unaccounted for. Or value that was basically LOST except for the value of the use that they actually got out of the trucks while they were using them, which I still doubt comes anywhere close to matching that.

Just makes me sick to think about how many hundreds and hundreds of these trucks there are that are being sold for so much less than what they were bought for. I mean, I'm glad for our sake that we can get them for so cheap so we can have our toys to play with, but holy crap there is a lot of money lost on these things! A lot of OUR money as tax payers. Just kind of mind boggling when you really calculate it out.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Just makes me sick to think about how many hundreds and hundreds of these trucks there are that are being sold for so much less than what they were bought for. I mean, I'm glad for our sake that we can get them for so cheap so we can have our toys to play with, but holy crap there is a lot of money lost on these things! A lot of OUR money as tax payers. Just kind of mind boggling when you really calculate it out.
What I can't get my mind around is that the gooberment is selling parts for vehicles that are still in service for pennies on the dollar.

In the last few months they have sold MRAP engines, transmissions, transfer cases, axles and tires for what seems to be paultry sums.......for instance four tires and rims cost the govenment over 10K....they were selling a few weeks ago for a little over 600 bucks each.:cookoo:

If you had the body and frame you could build your own up armored vehicle for a fraction of what the govenment pays for one.

Truckoholic

Yeah, it's pretty crazy for sure! To sell parts for so cheap that they could still use on in service vehicles. Makes you wonder, do they really have such an incredible over abundance of spare parts that it really makes it a smart move to liquidate some of it? Or do they not plan on using the current MRAP's beyond the point of mechanical failure? As in, they don't plan to fix them when they break, so no need to have the spare parts on hand? Really makes a person wonder what their plans are and what their logic is based on.

And you look at things like the occasional 747 that shows up on GL that cost millions, and has to be sold for scrap and mutilated too.

RIDDLE1

It is pretty amazing the amount of money that the government looses on these vehicles. I noticed this the first time I got on GB. The older trucks they get there money out of but some of them the ones that they refurb they looses there butts on.

Hey at least they aren't giving them away to some other country:whistle:

m816

The difference between the price they paid for a vehicle and the price they sell it for is depreciation. Nothing more. They bought the vehicles for a specific use, when they are finished with them, they become excess. They are simply scrap to them. We get a bargan and hopefully many more years of good use from them. We are lucky that the trucks get to be sold to us rather than be abandoned over seas. Trucks are never going to last as long as say, a ship, or a tank or some other hightech piece of equipment. They also don't store well. m2c

Hoefler

Its called stimulus spending and has been going on for years. Initial price is inflated-consider how low tech these trucks are. Consider a duece was engineered decades ago with the product having little change till early 90s-only to be re-issued as a new A3 and resold to DOD. No constant safety changes to cover, now insurance tort cost, no marketing cost, little sales cost outside a AM Gen lobby. Consider that if a late M353 cost 70K in '96 and compare to a commercial vehicle with all the required regulations cost-that vehicle may have been cheaper and been a lot more featured. That vehicle however was sold to somebody who had to account for its cost as opposed to Uncle Sam.
Its stimmulus-AM General gets fat profit and tells Sam they are employing a lot of workers to build them. AM General gets to over supply-everybody is happy...except the US taxpayer gives up a larger piece of his income through taxes.
Consider why both the Dems and Reps wont cut DOD spending-unemployment would go up and AM General would go down.
Stimulus is like paying somebody to move a rock pile-then pay him to move it back to where it was. Sort of like surplusing new engines for in service vehicles.
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks