• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

900a2 series compared to 800 series

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have trucks with both engines,My opinion is the same as Castle Bravos,I do like how easy the 8.3 starts,and it is quieter.
Yeah, it definitely starts nice. I have yet to see a 8.3 that doesn't start faster than you can get your hand off the switch. It is considerably quieter, too.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Elvis stoned? Never!

Nonotagain

Could one plug into the low speed power source for the heater for a 12volt plug in ?
Are you talking about using an electric heater in the truck?

I lost the heater core early this year in my 4runner. Having loaned out my two other vehicles and not having 16 hours to spare to pull the entire dash assembly out I purchased one of the ceramic 12 volt heaters. A total waste of $60 for the heater as it drew 30 amps and only defrosted a one foot square section of the windshield.

I have a fuel fired heater for a deuce or 5 ton if you are interested. You might have to make the fuel lines, but its complete as far as I know.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about using an electric heater in the truck?

I lost the heater core early this year in my 4runner. Having loaned out my two other vehicles and not having 16 hours to spare to pull the entire dash assembly out I purchased one of the ceramic 12 volt heaters. A total waste of $60 for the heater as it drew 30 amps and only defrosted a one foot square section of the windshield.

I have a fuel fired heater for a deuce or 5 ton if you are interested. You might have to make the fuel lines, but its complete as far as I know.
I have done this...that is, installed a fuel burning heater for a deuce in my M925A2. It works perfectly. In fact, everything is identical to the M939 series kit...except, as you pointed out, you have to make up new fuel lines...and extend the wiring harness. The heater and controls are mounted on the driver's side on a deuce so the wiring harness is shorter...but, on an M939 series truck, the heater is on the passenger's side and the controls would be on the driver's side, hence the need for the wiring harness extension. This is a fairly simple procedure, though.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think he was asking if you could grab 12v to use in other applications (cell phone charging, etc) from the 12v that is going to the stock heater in the truck. I don't know the answer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks