• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

91140 gross and the 818

nhdiesel

a few months back a LOCAL town cop followed a crane over both of them......pulled it over & called the DOT guys.....they wrote the dude a $80,000 ticket!!!!
The big problem I have with a scenario like this, is that it proves that LEO's aren't as concerned with safety as pocketing fine money. If it was truly a SAFETY issue, that officer should have stopped the truck BEFORE it reached the bridge, knowing where he was going. He waited until after crossing not one, but TWO bridges, knowing it would make the state more money.

The same goes for overweight permits. What makes hauling a heavy load any safer by paying the state extra money? The same goes for overweight fines. I've very rarely heard of a DOT officer making a truck lighten the load before moving, unless it was severely overweight. Even then its rare. So if its so unsafe to be 2k lbs. over weight that a ticket is in order, then why is it safe to allow the truck to continue on after receiving the ticket? MONEY.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks