• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915 bumper???

TadB

I've looked around for idea for a new bumper for the front of my 915. Haven't really found much just a couple that have been built for movie production companies and they are pretty obnoxious. Anyone have pictures of bumpers, bull bars, cow catchers that they have built or seen for a 915/916/920?

Also got the new 395 Michelins mounted up on the truck(which fit flawlessly) and the head ache rack put on. Still need to take it down and cut the hole for the window and TIG in the trim and bars. Just waiting on the sandblaster now. And got the new M35 home as well.
tires.jpgtires2.jpgtires4.jpgtires3.jpg

When I got my M915 the grill guard and grill shell had been smashed in. Once I looked it over I didn't think the factory one was stout enough for the truck. It really looked puny on it. So I went with some heavy 2"x10" 1/4" C channel for the bumper. The center and end uprights are 3"x2" 3/16" wall. The cross tubes are 1.5" 1/8" wall DOM. As you can see I notched and tapered the 2"x3" to come down the front of the bumper. The tops of the rectangular tubing are rounded and capped to follow the cross tubes. Then I added back braces from close to the top on the sides of the grill guard back down to the original mounts on the fender. Those are also 1.5 DOM tubing. M-915-A1.jpg

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.. new bumper for the front of my 915. ... Anyone have pictures of bumpers, bull bars, cow catchers that they have built or seen for a 915/916/920?
It's easy enough to cut-n-paste on your pic, to play with ideas...

915 bumper.jpg

What do you need the bumper to do? : -

Approach angle? Overhang out forward?
Strength? Protect lights and grille/rad?
Pusher pads? Center pintle?
Lift capability? Tow eyes?
Winch? Demountable?
Hole for hand cranking? Cup holders?

Last edited:

TadB

Well I'm not very good with photoshop actually don't even have it on my computer. Duramax your bumper really looks good and a lot more functional than what comes on them. Im looking to do something similar to ranch hand bumper replacement. I have a 30k hyd winch that will be incorporated in the bumper and probably running lights If someone could photoshop in something like that, that would be great.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree the stock 915 bumper is cheezy. I plan to replace it with 12"x2", 1/4" wall rectangular tube.

TadB

Zebedee that looks really good. Maybe bring it out a foot or 18" to drop the winch down into it and make a platform to stand on either side of the winch. What program are you using to do that with?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks