• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915 parts needed and some questions

krall

I know I posted this on another thread but I don't want ya to have to read threw pages of junk os here is some questions and concers of the 915 plus a pick?? can anyone tell me if this is correct or is it to be pluged in somewhere? it is on the drivers side of the engine just laying there, not sure if its some sort of overflow drain tube? I doubt that but it has a flex tube in the middle so I guess it was to bend and couple to something but just cant locate it.

OK great recovery on friday, all went well, now that I picked her up ofcourse I have some questions or more like request for
allocating some needed items, list to be below, first we got to richmond at like 1130 and avoided the welcome center lady, had
the nice one actually, went and found the truck and sprayed some ether in and 3 cranks later she started, ride up through was
long as we hit major traffic. put us back like 3 hours!! that was the suckiest part of the day! the truck ran like a champ.

ok now for the problems (please throw in your 2cents thanks)

I KNOW I HAVE NO PICS THEY WILL BE COMING LATER TODAY (hopefully)

due to camera troubles only one for now.

front headlite assembly - the lite is there but the bezzle around it is not, (pic to come soon)

left rear dully locks up when braking, I like leaving my mark on the world but wow I left some nice black marks because of this, not driving anymore till we get this one fixed, this is my most needed fix!

tach was in-pperable ( just a cable loose? ) what am I looking for in trouble shooting?

ok there was one warning lite at the top (black buttons) top middle of pannel one is missing (IKONW A PIC IS NEED FOR THIS) I think R racing has identified this one as the windshield washer light.

I know there was some more ............. oh yeah the bat charge gage was not working??? any sugestoins what to look for
I am on my first vehicle here so not got much practice yet so any input would be greatly appreciated,

any idea if the head light assembly for a 5 ton or deuce would work here as well?? same set up or totally different?

ok well there is my first run at it I am taking the camera and going to mess with it now so I will update later tonight.
:drool:

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Are you missing the mudflaps or the hangers and the mudflaps?

I think NAPA has the whole shebang...the 915 mudflaps are removeable and fit into holes on the back of the frame.

I don't have pics but maybe some of the other 915 owners can post some.

You will have to get the bezel from someone with a parts truck.....I don't think they will cross off another body style.

That's all I got.

krall

Thanks WM, I got the mudflaps and hangers but they are not in the best shape, there legal but not really good on the eyes ya know. i also don't really want something that says napa on my truck, just saying

any clue what that line is for in the pic??

krall

the guy I took was a diesel guy and just liked ether as a starting method, not sure if that is what should be done here but he was a mch for semi's and that was what he did to start em quicker

krall

ah nother question WM did you put a plate on yours? I know I will need to do that just wondering where the location you picked for this was?

krall

was looking for a good placment area for that on the very back but am coming up with nothing.

unless you go supper low to the ground underneath the brake lights

krall

ah, heck I am thinking of the back, I guess I will have to start looking to see if my state will allow me to put it up there but I am thinking not, I know all cars have it on the back, some states have both front and back but pa hasn't gone that route yet. thanks WM

krall

it looked like it went up to the top of the engine, I will get a better idea of where it goes later, didn't think of that but now thinking it would have been a good idea,

I was hoping it would be a (slobber) overflow tube, just threw me it had the flex tube in the middle as if it were to bend.

thanks

krall

how about the brakes, when I applied pressure to the brakes they were jumpie which I figured but when I finally came to a complete stop the one rear driver dully locked up on me? rust in there somewhere guming things up? I left some long markes and don't want to drive here till I get this one fixed. grandpa's driveway won't be the same LOL as it is now.

3dAngus

Why the use of ether?
Use ether for hard to start diesels. I used it whenever my tractor or dozer ran out of diesel and I had to prime the injectors after bleeding with the hand pump. The ether is hard on a engine and will really "test it" so I wouldn't normally recommend it except in emergencies like trouble starting with batteries low, extreme cold, etc. etc.

Use enough ether and you can blow an engine. Use a little and it will sometimes sound like it.

In emergency situations, it's great to have. Beats walking.

krall

oh well then I am missunderstanding, I know there is a ether bottel on the 915 and that is stock, if you see the pic's of the engine on govliq the angle they usually use pictures a orange thin tall bottle (usually orange) and that is the ether bottle, it even has a button inside the cab that has ether writen on it to push from inside for a hard start. I didn't think it was hard on it or I figured the government wouldn't have a bottle of it readily available mounted to the truck.