• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915 parts

I have been lookling for some parts for my 915 and have had no luck so far. I was wondering if someone can post a picture (mine are missing) of each part (front and back) that im looking for so I have something to reference as I try local truck parts shops. I'm looking for the windshield washer switch, winshield wiper switch, headlight switch and the solenoid that is in with the circuit breakers on the dash. Also if any one can point me in the right direction with part numbers that they have used that would be great. I am also willing to buy these used off any one here as well.

Thanx
Eric

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Saturn. They have a mess of stuff like that. Good luck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Here are pics of the dash. Mine is missing the WW switch......prob a common "midnight parts run" item.

When Bighurt came down to pick up his M915 we had to replace the light switch....the one he put in went FUBAR and I replaced it with one I got at NAPA.....since I only drove during daylight hours when I took the truck to Nebraska I don't know if the fix worked.....I had to do some engineering when I put the new switch in.

Maybe he can chime in.

The first two pics are of the light switch...I turned it on it's side for a better view.

Third pic is of the hole where the WW switch goes and the washer switch.

I couldn't get behind the dash to see how it was hooked up but I assume it is an electrical switch connected to a pump.

I'll go by NAPA tomorrow and try to get a part number on the light switch unless someone posts one.

Attachments

R Racing

Here are pics of the dash. Mine is missing the WW switch......prob a common "midnight parts run" item.

When Bighurt came down to pick up his M915 we had to replace the light switch....the one he put in went FUBAR and I replaced it with one I got at NAPA.....since I only drove during daylight hours when I took the truck to Nebraska I don't know if the fix worked.....I had to do some engineering when I put the new switch in.

Maybe he can chime in.

The first two pics are of the light switch...I turned it on it's side for a better view.

Third pic is of the hole where the WW switch goes and the washer switch.

I couldn't get behind the dash to see how it was hooked up but I assume it is an electrical switch connected to a pump.

I'll go by NAPA tomorrow and try to get a part number on the light switch unless someone posts one.

That thing is so clean you can eat off of it ! LOL

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That thing is so clean you can eat off of it ! LOL
It still has that new truck smell in the cab.

Only 11,000 miles on the clock and the paint is still on the 5th wheel.

I did some research on the bumper numbers and the truck came from an Alabama National Guard unit just south of Montgomery.

I tried to call them to see if they still have the maint records for the truck but I get no answer.....they may be deployed or on Annual Training.

If I can solve the electrical grimlins I'll have a keeper.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ok the Relay part #s are a napa AR272 The truck uses 8 of them I would change them all out if you can.
My NAPA had them in stock but they were 13 bucks a pop :shock: :shock:........I got diddled without getting lubed. Only bought one of them to see if relays are the issue. To change them all would be over a hundred bucks.

Bighurt

I know for sure I either need to repair or replace my temp gauge, as 12hrs of driving and 562 miles it never moved...:shock:

Pretty sure my air dryer needs to be rebuilt as well.

I'm sure there are other things she needs.

However if we are making a wish list, the thread would be hijacked...one of these days I'll start modding the beast and then I'll have parts.

Spare parts are a good thing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks