• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915 valve leaking air is this supposed to be?

krall

Ok I turn off the m915 and it hisses ( after all the air has filled up) the air drains out everytime, its not fast but its steadie, I got up inderneath the hood and was feeling around ( Icouldd hear it but didn't know where it was coming from) found this brass valve, on the back of it there is a filter of sorts and if you put your finger over it, there is a good amount of air coming out, is that right?

valve is located on the front of the engine on the passangers side of the engine and has air supply to the shaft that the fan is attached to.

any ideas??

Attachments

krall

first pic its on the lower left, the back of that is where its excaping, second is top left, took at amore of a distance to give an idea of location, located beside the front head.

Hammer

It is leaking out of the vent portion of the valve.
Pull it apart and check/clean it. Most likely solve your problem (unless it has a bad o-ring, but those are easy to fix.)

Looks like it is the valve for activating the clutch for the fan.

krall

ok that sounds like it, I pulled the small air lines off no problems but don't have correct tools to pull the valve here at the house, will have to tinker at a later time, its not hurting anything is it? or is that a must fix right away item?

cornrichard

Yeah, they all rattle. They are usually louder when the compressor is about to shut off. I just picked up a rebuilt drier for one of my trucks. I should be an expert on their insides by this time next week. I am just swapping the insides and bottom cap so the color will not change. My new unit is bright blue.

krall

nice that woudlnt' look out of place, haha, would you possibly take some pictures while you work? I would love to see the insides and kinda get a grasp of what I am doing befor I take it on, appreciate the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks