• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

920 fithwheel questions

reb87

Im not sure of the kingpin size difference between the m920 and conventional fithwheels. I was wondering if there is enough size difference to make a split, bolt on shell that would bolt over a standard kingpin to make it the right size for the m920 fithwheel? I thought it would be nice to be able to leave the original fithwheel on and still use it with the smaller kingpins but maybe it wouldnt be tough enough, it would be bad if the "shell" cracked up and went away.
Ross

M920

Ross,

the 920 has a 3.5" diameter king-pin versus the standard 2'' most tractors and trailers use.
I looked at that option when I got my 920 but was worried about the same thing. I opted for putting a 2" Holland top plate on the existing Holland oszilator carrage the 920 uses. That way you can switch back if you need the 3.5" one.
All it requires is two new bushings for the front to back pivot since the 2" top plate uses smaler pivot pins.

Soni

Andy1234

Ross,

Due to the height of the fifth wheel on my M920, I intend to remove the factory hitch and ramps, and then install a low-profile 2" hitch.

It should make hooking up to a standard trailer much easier.

Andy