• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

920 steering part # help

eldgenb

on the 920 on the drivers side of the tie rod there is an adapter/adjuster for the alignment. I have called rockwell and if I could only see the dumbfounded look across the other line it would have been priceless. My truck is toed in a little over an inch which would explain the drastic tire wear and I seem to remember these adjusters splitting more ofter then not when trying to free them in the service. Does anyone have a source for these or a rockwell part # for this little item?

eldgenb

well rather than making a bunch of people work hard to find this part just yet I went through and took the front end all apart tonight and the darn thing fell apart like butter, Well with a little propane torch and some pen oil it did anyways. Almost as if it had been serviced at least once in its life, or I am just lucky. I will smother it in anti seize and take it back in for an alignment. The guy who hooked it up the first time to the computer said that my rears were less than a half a degree out which he has never seen a rig that close to straight:mrgreen:. However with my front being so far out I guess it was a compromise.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks